Nutritionist Spokane - Advice You Can UseTuesday, January 10th, 2012
Eating well is a crucial part of losing weight. Because of misleading weight loss programs, some people think that it’s possible to lose weight by only exercising. While this may be possible on a short-term basis, lasting weight loss requires a balanced combination of good nutrition and consistent exercise.
Although eating well seems like it should be easy to do, anyone who’s tried to lose weight knows that’s not the case. One of the reasons it’s so hard to eat in a way that supports your weight loss is because there is so much conflicting information floating around. If you grabbed a handful of diet books from the shelves of a library, chances are much of what you’d read in one book would contradict another.
Why Do Diets Always Seem to Fail?
A lot of diets seem like they are complete opposites of each other. However, if you’ve tried quite a few diets, you have likely discovered one characteristic that they almost all have in common. Their shared trait is the fact that just about every diet ends in failure.
What makes diets so frustrating is although you may manage to lose a little weight, it’s only a temporary improvement. Once you start following a diet, it’s only a matter of time until you start breaking the rules that it requires you to follow. And once that starts to happen, any weight you lost will begin creeping back.
The main reason this is the standard cycle for a diet to follow is because it’s not realistic to stick with a long set of rules for an extended period of time. Since you have a life to live, you can’t be expected to constantly use your energy to figure out if you’re allowed to eat a specific type of food.
What’s the Best Way to Change How You Eat?
If you talk to a nutritionist Spokane, they will tell you that the best way to change how you eat is to focus on small improvements that are sustainable. Instead of trying to completely change your way of eating all at once, it’s much more effective to introduce small changes over time. By taking this staggered approach, you can avoid overburdening yourself and actually have time to adjust to each improvement you make to your eating habits.
How Do You Make the Changes Permanent?
In addition to not making a ton of changes at once, the best way to make them permanent is by not feeling bad when you “mess up.” Because a diet puts so much pressure on you, one mistake can make you feel like you’ve ruined the entire process.
Since you’re trying to make lasting changes to your eating habits, if you do make a choice that’s less than ideal, just remind yourself that it doesn’t change all the positive choices you’ve made. By not turning a minor mistake into a big deal, you can avoid a downward spiral and stay on track with your weight loss.
- Personal Fitness Coaching - How Can It Help You Lose Weight? Are you ready to slim down and get in great shape? Personal Fitness Coaching can help you drastically improve your...
- Where Can You Find a Real Spokane Nutrition Expert? If you want to lose weight, eating well is just as important as consistently exercising. The reason losing weight has...
- Escape From Spokane Diet Food Hell With These 6 Simple Steps Eating better or dieting, sounds easy as it rolls off the tongue but actually doing it? That is the tough...
- How Does Spokane Boot Camp Help So Many People Lose Weight? If you have friends or family members who are part of Spokane boot camp, you have probably heard a lot...
- Washington Fitness Trainer - What’s the Solution to Losing Weight? If you want to lose weight, most likely this isn’t your time to have this desire. Instead, you’ve probably tried...
Tags: nutritionist spokane