Spokane Valley Fitness - 5 Steps to SuccessMonday, February 20th, 2012
Are you fed up with not having the body you want? If you’ve tried to lose weight in the past but not gotten the results you wanted, you may feel like there’s no hope for you ever making progress. Although failure is always frustrating, the good news is it doesn’t have to dictate your future. If you want to successfully lose weight, here are the five steps you need to take:
Set a Concrete Goal
One of the reasons that so many people who try to lose weight end up frustrated is because they don’t set a clear goal for themselves. If you simply say that you “want to slim down,” you’re going to have a hard time evaluating your progress. By setting a concrete goal like “I want to lose 10 pounds in the next 45 days,” you’ll have a clear focus for your weight loss path.
Find a Source of Accountability
While having a solid plan will greatly increase your odds of weight loss success, it doesn’t mean this process will be a walk in the park. Because you’ll still face plenty of challenges that will test your resolve, you need to find at least one person who can provide you with support and accountability.
Keep Your Cardio Challenging
Most people assume that their Spokane Valley fitness routine needs to include long treadmill sessions. However, not only is this form of cardio boring, but it’s also not very effective. A better option is to vary the intensity, format and duration of your cardio sessions.
Don’t Neglect Resistance Exercises
Cardio will play a major role in your Spokane Valley fitness routine. However, that doesn’t mean it should be the only component of your workouts. By consistently doing resistance exercises, you will tone your body and increase your ability to burn calories.
Support Your Workouts with Healthy Food Choices
The reality of losing weight is regardless of how well you stick to your Spokane Valley fitness plan, if you’re still eating lots of junk, you’re not going to be able to slim down. While there are all sorts of ways you can go about improving your eating habits, a simple but effective option is to structure most of your food intake around lean sources of protein, vegetables and slow carbs.
Can You Get All of These Things at Once?
While it’s great to know more about what it takes to successfully lose weight, you’re probably wondering if this information is actually going to have an impact on you. The reason this isn’t just going to be something you read and then later forget is because it’s possible to get all five of these components from a single Spokane Valley fitness program.
If you want to have access to everything needed for successful weight loss, you need to sign up for Spokane Valley boot camp. Because it’s built around all of these components, you will get the results you’ve wanted for so long!
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Gyms in Spokane Valley Are you thinking about joining a gym in Spokane Valley? Before you dive in and commit to a long-term contract,...
- Is It Worth Paying for a Spokane Valley Fitness Center Membership? If you want to lose weight, you’re probably trying to find the option that’s going to provide you with the...
- Spokane Valley Fitness: Women’s health and weight gain Women are like a fine wine. As they age, they become bolder, more alluring, and in many cases, fuller bodied....
- Dorothy in the Land of Oz Fitness in Spokane Valley Take a walk down the yellow brick road with Dorothy in the Land of Oz Fitness in Spokane Valley while...
- Spokane Valley Gyms Choosing a Spokane Valley gym is an important decision. If you pick the right gym, it can help you get...
- Are There Any Spokane Valley Gyms That Guarantee Results? The simple answer is no. Although someone on a gym’s sales staff will say a lot of things to pique...
- Fitness Spokane Valley: How music affects your workout and endurance. At some point or another, you have probably discovered that music can inspire you. Whether you are feeling kind of...
Tags: Spokane valley fitness